Friday, March 6, 2009

Clear Blue Sky

Only working four days a week really has its advantages. I actually slept in until 7 this morning and was greeted but bright sunny skies this morning. Not even a cloud in the sky which really is a switch since it's been pretty miserable and rainy for so long. That clear blue sky is deceiving though. I decided to go for a run this morning since my ankle was feeling just fine and dandy but I just about froze my nips off. I walked out the front door in only sweatpants and a t-shirt thinking the sun and exercise would keep me warm but I was sorely mistaken. I ran about a quarter mile and found I wasn't getting any warmer really so I turned around to go get a sweatshirt only to find that the thermometer said -1. No wonder I was so cold. After retrieving my hoodie, grabbing a pair of gloves, and a sip of water I was out the door again and feeling good. Even in the cold the birds were starting to sing and the fresh snow all over the place was gorgeous.

Mace was super good to me this past Christmas and bought me a 8 gig mp3 player for when I go for walks and runs but I still have to hold on to the bloody thing. When I'm wearing gloves I feel like its going to slip out of my hand so I think I need to find one of those carrying cases for it that straps onto my arm. I'd be mad at myself if I dropped it and it ruined. Its pretty awesome though. Its a touch screen dealy that looks like the touch screen ipod (but isn't) and it has all sorts of cool functions on it. When you download a song onto it it actually downloads all the lyrics on to it too so if you feel like singing while you're listening you have the words right in front of you. I keep learning all the new gadgets and I have my complete music library on it with soooooo much room to spare so I'm downloading music like crazy... well as much as I can on a dial up connection. I'm running out of ideas for music though so if you have some cool stuff that you want to send my way feel free. Those of you that read this pretty much know my tastes and know how eclectic I am. I've actually gone through all my old cd's and riped off all that music and put on the mp3 player. So fun. Obviously I don't do anything super cool on my days off... lol.


So what am I going to do for the rest of my day? Good question. I know there is a bunch of work that needs to be done in the yard but with the new snow that fell yesterday the yard is pretty much a snow field again. I'm thinking that I'm going to search online for some yummy treat to make with the Kitchenaid for Polly and the family tonight. I already started a pot of stew for everyone but I can't eat meat on Friday's during Lent. But I thought with how cold it is outside the guys would appreciate it and it gives Polly an opportunity to just kick back tonight and relax with her family. As for me I'm trying to think of some way to zing up a can of tuna... lol. Maybe I'll just stick to a bowl of mac n cheese. Have a great day folks!

1 comment:

JLB said...

hello hello out there in Blogger land...you doing okay??I haven't gotten to talk to you lately and wanted to be sure everythings good.
Jenn