Friday, April 10, 2009

I know I know

I've been so remiss about posting things on here for the past four weeks. Seems like every evening I get home and say "I really should put something on my blog" but alas I don't feel like it in the end. So here I am on a gorgeous Friday morning (Have I mentioned that 4-10's are fabulous?) spending a few minutes to catch my faithful readers up.

The snow is finally melted off in town here. Its so nice to see grass and bare ground I really can't explain it. I went for a run this morning for the first time on bare pavement and wearing a t-shirt and shorts. Granted its still only about 40 degrees out but with the sun shining so brightly it feels a heck of a lot warmer. There is still plenty of snow up in the mountains though and we are seeing a lot of flooding in the valley bottoms and in all the creek overflows. Mace and I went antler shed hunting this past weekend and really couldn't get anywhere because the creeks that we normally can just take a few steps over in the middle of summer were running too fast and well beyond their typical banks by about 40 ft. I love seeing the water because it means an easy fire season but its pretty dangerous when I know that I'm going to have to cross a lot of those creeks some how to get into my study sites this week. And let me tell you I've slipped in a few and that water is bloody cold... gives me the shivers just sitting here thinking about it..

Mace and I are starting to get our plants sprouting and stronger for our garden. I'm always so thankful that Polly has a green house we can start all our veggies in so that we can extend our growing season a bit. I'm hoping that either this weekend or the next we'll be ready to start our giant pumpkin. I've tried to germinate a few of the seeds from the pumpkin I grew last year but unfortunately at 54 days old the ol gord wasn't mature enough to put out mature seeds. The little buggers rot and don't sprout at all. Oh well, I guess its a good thing that we have a bunch of seeds from a few pumpkin growers back east that have taken pitty on us poor short growing season Montanans. Honest to pete our garden is so much fun and it gives us something nice and relaxing to work on in the evenings after I'm done with work and he's done with his school stuff.
As for what I'm going to do with the rest of my day I don't know. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and a warm breeze is coming our way so I'm sure I'll think of something to do. Maybe I'll take Lane and Gracie (Mace's nephew and neice) for a walk to the park our a mini-picnic hike on an easy trail. Hmmm that sounds pretty good. Maybe I can even convince Mace to break away from his schoolwork for a bit to come along with us. This evening I'll head to Thompson for Good Friday Services. I can't believe that Easter is almost hear already. Time has passed very strangely for me these past few months. Hope everyone is having a great day and I'll try to do better about posting more frequently. Love you all.

1 comment:

Kate-uhh said...

That picture's so pretty I almost miss snow.

Almost.