Sunday, June 10, 2012

Is Salem Oregon In My Future?

After months of searching, hundreds of applications and resumes sent out (I'm not exaggerating here), and lots of prayers I finally got some word back on a few jobs.  Since February I've been in this dry spell with very little serious feedback on the jobs I've put in for and I was getting depressed.  But apparently the dry spell is over and during the past week I've gotten emails from several agencies that are interested in me.  My applications have moved on to the next phase in the hiring process and I'm in the middle of scheduling interviews for several possibilities. 

Since going to Vancouver WA last summer and finding out that Mace's allergies aren't nearly as bad in that neck of the woods I've been focusing on trying to find a job in the Pacific Northwest.  That's not to say I haven't been putting out applications out all over the Rocky Mountain West but I've been keeping my fingers crossed for something to pop up over there that would work out.  So when I got emails from a job located in Salem, OR and another outside of Olympia WA I have to admit that I've gotten excited and overly optimistic.  But maybe that's what its going to take.... hope beyond all hope that something is going to work out. 

Both jobs are one's that I'd be very interested in.  The one in Salem in particular because it has to do with habitat improvement for wildlife and also private land owner involvement in cooperative projects.  I'd be working for the state of Oregon but the job entails contact with various state, federal, and local non-profit organizations which would create an amazing network of contacts for me for the future.  The job in outside of Olympia involves more field work which would be fantastic as well so its kind of a toss up as to which would be the better fit.  I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens and keep up the optimistic attitude.  Hopefully good things are around the corner.

No comments: