Friday, April 27, 2012

Hello 14!!!!

After a year of kicking my own butt in work outs and better eating habits I'm suddenly excited about shopping for a new pair of jeans.  Frankly its disgusting to me to think how I'd let myself go and got so big.  I'd like to think that it was all from stress, dealing with dads death (or not dealing so well with it as the case may be), and whatever other factors may have contributed to the weight gain but those excuses are just like butt cracks... everyone's got one.  The plain and simple truth is I got lazy and didn't care.  So its been a struggle to get back to healthy mental state where I could bear down and just get it done. 

Last April I was up to a whopping size 22 (and at that point I'd actually lost some weight) but as of today I'll be shopping for a size 14 jean because my old 16's are literally falling off my butt and I don't have a decent pair anymore that are okay for work.  I haven't been this small in years, not even in college.  I say small but know compared to the rest of the world I'm still a "big girl" and probably will always be.  And I'm okay with that but its nice to get back to feeling good and having the energy that I used to have.  I'm still working at it and would like to lose another 30 lbs by the end of this year.  But that's just my next goal and I don't feel like its beyond my reach. 

I do wish there was a gym in town for me to go to because its so much harder to motivate yourself when you are home working out rather than going and forcing yourself in a separate location.  I mean the couch and fridge are literally only a few feet away.  Its also hard when you don't have a buddy to work out with.  But maybe that will make me all the stronger in the end.  I also wish the local store carried healthy food options that I could afford.  I love fresh fruit and veggies and I only get to Missoula or Sandpoint about once every 3-4 months or so if I'm lucky and the local store barely gets iceberg lettuce and tomatoes in every week.  But at least today is a Sandpoint trip day and I've got a list a mile long for yummy/healthy foods: snow peas, broccoli, carrots, asparagus,spinach, zucchini, squash, grapefruit, oranges, etc etc.    Also planning on picking up a new set of free weights for my workouts.  I have a set of 5lbers and they are getting to easy to use so its time to either go up to 7lbers or maybe even 10 but I know too much is going to hurt for a while. 

No comments: